If your letter or parcel is lost or damaged in transit, you may be entitled to compensation depending on the service that was used to send it.
No compensation is payable for loss or damage to any mail items:
- containing bank notes, bullion, coins or similar items
- containing jewellery, except where Extra Cover has been purchased
- containing dangerous or prohibited goods
- which were not adequately packaged
- where damage was not caused or contributed to by LWE or its subsidiaries
Sending valuable goods?
For information about purchasing extra insurance when sending valuable goods and documents, please contact our Customer Service.
Applying for compensation
All claims for compensation must be lodged within 6 months of the original item being posted.
We endeavour to investigate all claims efficiently and effectively. Because circumstances vary, it may take some time to reach a resolution. We will keep you informed regarding the progress of your claim.